Leave a comment with your name and addy, or email addy if you would like an ecard. Also choose between: xmas card, other seasonal celebration (please specify), tacky British seaside postcard, random notelet (I have many), or kinky (ecard only).
Comments are screened and will be deleted as soon as I have copied down the addresses.
And that wishlist thingy
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My LJ-centric wishlist
1. Fic where Spike and Xander come out/are outed during a New Year's Eve party. Funny is good, drunken antics by anyone involved is good, Giles kissing them both on the mouth would be wonderful. *g*
2. Spander wallpaper, NC-17 is perfectly acceptable as there's only me here (1152x864). ;o)
3. A Spander pimp icon
4. A non-Spander pimp icon
5. A Spike/Xander/Chocolate OT3 icon
6. A Spander drabble icon for when I post my drabbles
7. A 'Because I SAID SO!' icon
8. A 'Grungefic' icon
9. A 'Hug' icon - Spander or not, I don't mind
10. I want everyone on my flist to try and give 10 instances of fb between now and Xmyth. It can be to icon posts, manips, or fic at LJ, on the lists or even something you've seen on a website. Take a moment to say thanks, or 'that made me smile', whatever, just to let the artist/writer know that their effort has been appreciated.
I left this one out from behind the cut so that everyone sees it. No excuses! ;o)